Wednesday 31 July 2013

Tag// Why do you wear makeup?



Hello all! After being an avid follower of blogs for years i thought i would contribute to the online world. If you're as interested as i am by makeup, clothes and all things girly you might find this blog is for you. I'll do reviews, tags and OOTD posts. So to kick off, for my first ever post on Lashes & Lipstick i thought i would follow the crowd and do a Tag "Why do you wear makeup?"  that i've seen on many blogs. It seemed like a good place to start.

If like me you're a newbie to blogs, a quick introduction to "Tags" may be needed as i had no idea what they were until it was explained to me. A tag is essentially an interview conducted by the writer and is a great way for readers to get to know the blogger. Feel free to join in and answer the questions in the comment sections (if i've discovered how to put it there that is) and without further adieu'...

1. When did you begin loving makeup? Anybody who knows me now may find it hard to believe that I wasn't properly into makeup until i was 17. I began wearing makeup in year nine of school and I must say, the fashion then was pale powdery foundation face and dark eye makeup. I am ashamed to say that this look stayed with me right up until the end of school until (thankfully) i saw sense. It was college when i began my full blown love affair with my makeup and fancied a change.

2. How do you feel without makeup? Believe it or not i don't feel too strongly about my bare faced self. I think it's because i like to remind myself what i really look like and who i am (Getting a bit deep here.) Although that being said, if i go out the house I'd want my makeup on because it's such a small world. You can guarantee when makeup goes perfectly, ghost town and when you haven't go a scrap on it's a reunion.

3. What do you like about makeup? The thing i love most about makeup is how it can bring out different sides to yourself. Smokey eyes can make you feel sexy while pretty pastels can make you feel girly and cute. Pretty powerful stuff, eh? I also love how you can enhance your features, and who could argue with that!

4. Three 'Holy Grail' Items? This is a hard one (there's so many items that complete my makeup box!)

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid; This foundation is one i have used for years and I am in love with. The colour is even and glossy and provides a really good coverage (I will do a review at some point) and makes me feel like i have flawless skin (providing you set it with a good powder)

Miss Sporty fabulous lash curling mascara; Most girls would agree that if you could only use one makeup product, it would be mascara. There's a reason this blog is called lipstick and lashes, i think long eyelashes are one of the most feminine features a woman can possess. Therefore, a good mascara is a must. This one if one of the best i've used however, i'm still on the search for that 'perfect' mascara.

Rimmel Vinyl Glosses in Snog: I am such a fan of these lipglosses and it was hard to choose just one. This colour is a deep plum which i think you can create both sexy night time looks and daytime looks with. However, i absolutely adore the shade 'Pin up' as it's a shocking pink and really stands out.
Well that's the end of my first ever (pretty long) entry! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as i did writing it and comments are always appreciated.

Much love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...