Monday 9 November 2015

Workwear Wants


Good afternoon all, I’m back again and this time I’ve created a mood board of sorts. I’ve recently landed myself a new job (more on that in my monthly diary) and as my old job had a uniform, I’ve found myself fresh out of work appropriate clothes. So, you can imagine my delight when I have a legitimate reason to go and buy a load of clothes. I don’t know about any of you, but I sometimes find when I go shopping, I go into a bit of a shopping frenzy and end up coming away with things I didn’t need nor want. So in an attempt to keep myself on track, I’ve created a mood board of some of the clothes I already like, so I have an idea of the clothes I need to go for.

New Look Pale Grey Satin Wrap Front Sleeve Top £14.99
This simple little top could be thrown on with some nice trousers or even the lovely skirt included in this post. It’s having little items like this that really work hard in your wardrobe as they go with everything.

Oasis Bonnie Workwear Dress £55.00
I am actually a little in love with this dress. So much so that I’m going to ignore the fact that it’s probably a little too smart for my future place of work but I just can’t help myself. Also, the waist tie design leads me to believe it will flatter when on.

Oasis Crepe Peplum Top £30.00
I am always going to be a fan of peplum tops. They flatter all shapes, hide your post meal tum and look feminine. This one caught my eye because of its beautiful teal colour and how it tapers longer at the back. Id wear with fitted black trousers for a elegant and simple outfit.

Warehouse Belted Trouser £40.00
I think that a quality pair of well-fitting trousers are number one on my wish list as you can’t wear any smart tops without them. These belted trousers from warehouse look like they could be really lovely quality and so a definite investment.

New Look Long Sleeve Pussy Bow Blouse £17.99
As with polo tops, chiffon blouses are perfect staples for work and can be carried through the seasons with an addition of a nice smart coat. I’d wear this lovely number with some smart work trousers and heels. Check out the link to see the other lovely colours available.

Oasis Stripe Hattie Dress £55.00
This dress caught my eye for functionality more than anything else. If you’re in a rush or can’t be motivated to put a whole outfit together, a dress is the perfect pick. All you have to worry about is tights and shoes and you’re done. Plus, I often alternate between a burgundy and tan coat so this dress would easily go with either one. 

Warehouse Ribbed Polo £35.00
 I think polo tops and jumpers have been a staple in workwear wardrobes for years and not a fixture I can see moving any time soon. I love the ribbed effect on this top, although I do think £35 is a little steep for this kind of top. You may find cheaper alternatives in the likes of Primark or New Look which may make your money go that little bit further.

So now that you have seen my workwear mood board, what do you think? It may be that I don’t buy any of these clothes, or I may buy them all. But safe to say that I have given myself much inspiration to go out and get shopping! Perhaps your in the same job but you need a new wardrobe to perk yourself up a bit, if so let me know in the comments below! Thank you as always for reading,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...