Wednesday 16 October 2013

Review// Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick and Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Varnish



 

My absolute favourite thing in this world is when you find a new product that you can't stop gushing about. Rimmel have provided me with not one but two this time around and I can't wait to share them with you. I was actually in Superdrug buying nail tools and just decided to have a once over the makeup stands (dangerous stuff.)

I first saw the advertisements of the new Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks and this bright plum/pink jumped out at me and I knew I had to have it. Then I spotted the Rimmel Pro Nail Varnish in Urban Purple and as they matched so well I had to get them both. You can have a simple dress and make it with the makeup you use so matching nails/lips is a must for me.

First of all, I am an absolute lover of lipsticks and I'm always open to trying new colours, finishes and brands. I have a lot of the Rimmel lipsticks, though I hadn't tried the 'Moisture Renew' range until this one so it was new for me. So far, I am very impressed. The name is super cute called 'As You Want Victoria' (shade 360.) The lipstick comes off really glossy and moisturised and doesn't dry the lips. The colour pigment is really strong and you don't need a lot of product to build up colour. It can smudge and come off on your teeth at first (my absolute pet hate) but after about five minutes it sets and stays put. It doesn't last as long as some of my other lipsticks so I would apply again during a night out (it's far too dark to wear in the day for me.) It cost £6.29 which is a mid price range in my opinion, not really cheap but not expensive either.

The Rimmel Salon Pro nail varnish  is a varnish I've tried before and loved so it was a no brainer for me. The colour 'Urban Purple' is pretty much an exact match of the lipstick.They have a good wide applicator which applies the varnish evenly. The varnish dries so quickly and the finish is high shine. Everything you could want from a nail varnish! They only cost around £4.99 which for the quality, is very reasonable.

I can't help waffling so thank you if you have managed to read the whole essay, hope you enjoyed. If there are any products you would like me to review please leave a message in the comments below.

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...