Sunday 27 July 2014

Seventeen Dolled Up Mascara


Evening lovely readers! I've had this mascara for a while now and feel I've got a good feel for what it's like. For a beauty blogger, I'm way too safe when it comes to mascara. I've stuck to my trusty Miss Sporty mascara for getting on six years now. But, following a read of some fabulous mascara blog reviews over on Mascara and Maltesers (you can give it a read here) it prompted me to try something new.

From any mascara I use, I want length and curl mostly, i'm not too fussed about thickness. The oh so cute packaging of this little beauty attracted me to buy it along with the curved wand. I clumsily didn't check the colour and ended up picking up Black-Brown (how annoying) but surprisingly, it doesn't look the slightest bit brown on the eyes but still very natural too. With design and colour, I was impressed.

As for the actual mascara itself, I'm not overly impressed. The first thing I noticed was that it took agesss to build up any thickness whatsoever. Secondly, after a long shift at work, I had little clumps of mascara over my cheekbones if i'd touched my eyelashes at all throughout the day. Do I like how it looks at first, yes I'd say its okay, would I change from my trusty Miss Sporty? Err, probably not. This badboy will set you back £6.29 which is cheap-mid range for mascara, but I wouldn't say it was worth any more than that unfortunately.

So to sum up, my world has not been rocked by this mascara. Have you tried it and if so what did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...