Saturday 20 December 2014

Book of the Month: Gone Girl


Hello all, I went out for my birthday last night and today I am definitely feeling worse for wear, so I decided it had to be book review time! This time around, it's all about 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn, the electric new read on every ones lips. I first heard the buzz around this book when the film was released and decided that I just had to read it. When I went in Sainsburys to buy my dinner, I spotted the book and knew it had to come home with me.

Upon reaching the counter, the cashier mentioned the book and that her daughter loved it. That part was absolutely fine, the fact she then went on the tell me the ending and thus ruining the book for me, less okay. I stood there thinking "what the hell, Spoliers!!" Despite the cashiers blunder, I decided to buy the book anyway and I'm glad I did.

The story centres around Nick, who early on learns his wife, Amy, has been kidnapped. The police become involved and shortly after, begin to suspect him. The story centres around his journey and finding out the truth as to what happened to her. The story is broken up by entries from Amy's diary, which gives insight into both of the characters.

Overall, despite being a slightly unsettling read, it was a gripping read that I couldn't put down. Gillian's style of writing is clever and keeps you guessing right to the end. Plus, Nick and Amy are such believable and interesting characters to read about. As of yet, I haven't seen the film but would very much like to as the book has met expectations. The only thing I didn't like was the ending as I would have preferred a different outcome, but that is just me wanting it my way which can't be helped!

If you're interested in reading this book, you can pick it up from Amazon Here in multiple formats. I give it the thumbs up. Have you read it and if so what do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Please be aware that if people do comment discussing the book there may be spoilers so read with caution! Thanks for reading and lots of love!
Laura.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful book! Thank you for sharing. :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! It really is a good read, slightly distubing though! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...