Tuesday 30 December 2014

What I got for Christmas 2014


Good evening all! This post is a wee bit late but I was fortunate to have lots of things so had to narrow down which ones I was going to talk about (I know right, lucky girl). I decided on the ones where the photos actually turned out, cause some were super dark. Not okay for my little space of the web. Anywho, babbling aside, I was super excited to present my family with their gifts and thankfully they all loved them which made me feel amazing for knowing them so well. My sister was actually in work on Christmas day so we waited to have dinner until she finished and welcomed her with party poppers. In the end we all had a wonderful day and it proves it really isn't about just gifts. That being said, they are a lovely bonus so without further adieu, here's what I got for Christmas.


I've been a big fan of Youtube Guru Zoella for a long time now and when I heard she had released a book I was desperate to get my hands on it. It's funny because I joke my mom, I mean Santa, has a knack for knowing what it is I want without me asking for it. this little gem was no exception and I found myself unwrapping it on Christmas day without telling anyone that I wanted it. I've begun reading it and so far so good, it's funny and charming and shaping up to be a really good read. Depending on when I finish it, I may review it as next months Book of the Month so keep your eyes peeled.


I think I mentioned this perfume in my What I got for my Birthday post (Here) and said then how much I love it. Since then, not much has changed and I still wash in the stuff daily. I think one of my new years resolutions should be to use less perfume on a daily basis as the volume I use in one go is getting to be a joke. That aside, it's still my #1 favourite scent ever.


For me, pearly whites are a reflection of good hygiene. I've really upped my tooth care lately as I had a problem with an apsis where it swelled my face up the day before my dissertation deadline. The pain it caused me was enough to make me never neglect my teeth again. Many people actually comment on how white my teeth are already but I wanted them to be even whiter and so I asked my dentist which at home whitening kits are best and he suggested this type. Then I just suggested it to Santa and was lucky enough to receive it. I am yet to try it but you know that as soon as I do I will be doing a full review.


Continuing on with my previous point, I really wanted to try an electric tooth brush and like always, Santa just knew what I wanted. This bad boy is actually not too expensive from what I hear (under £20) but you can't tell from the results. I've used this twice a day since and my teeth are beautifully clean. Plus it has a 2 minute timer which means I'm brushing for the correct time whereas with manual brushing I may not have reached this daily. Overall, very impressed but again I will do another full review soon.


You can imagine a beauty bloggers delight when she opens a box full of beauty goodies. First I unwrapped this Avon Glow bronzing powder which whilst I haven't been using it much in these winter months, it will be an absolute statement piece in Spring and summer. I have heard that this brand is especially good for giving you a natural glow.


Again, I'm a big fan of Avon products and these two glimmer stick are so pigmented, they're a dream come true. The blue liner is particuarily vibrant and it may be making an appearance on NYE. The golden bronze shade is beautiful too, it's super wearable and I think you could get away with wearing it everyday for a light smoky eye. The quality, from what I've seen so far, is superb and I am looking forwards to wearing them on a night out.


I am an avid fan of Eylure false eyelashes but recently saw these on my #1 girl crush Carli Bybel and thought that I had to put them on my Christmas Wish List. I haven't been disappointed and whilst they are super long, they're very 'wispy' as the name suggests. I created a smoky eye look for Christmas day as shown in the image of me above. I'm smiling because I love them so much. Plus, you get four in a set for just $15 but they do ship abroad.


I was actually hysterical when I unwrapped this bad boy as it seems to be one of the holy grail products for all make up lovers. The difference in the pigmentation of my eye shadows after using this is actually hilarious. Again, I will be doing a full review but from what I have seen so far, I'm very impressed with the versatility and quality of Mac Fix +.


And finally, what would Christmas be without some adorable new PJ's. I tell you I will be a 90 year old woman still in love with all things Disney. These Pj's, with their tartan theme, are just perfect for winter and they're so comfortable that they send me right off to sleep. I've also had some cute penguin ones of my nanny, thanks nan!

I've also received lots of other lovely goodies, included a beautiful lilac coat. Whilst it looks beautiful on the hanger, I'm not sure it looks as amazing on me, but my mother has assured me Santa would prefer me to swap it for something else if I'm not 100%. I still love it though!


I'll leave you with some pictures of Christmas Dinner, questionable décor aside. I even put a little cracker crown on my dog and shockingly, he actually left it on long enough for me to take this picture. And now, my lovely boyfriend has arrived for a film marathon so I'm off for now! Thanks for reading and have a lovely new year!
Laura.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, everything looks wonderful! I hope that you had a lovely Christmas ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did thankyou, what did you have nice?xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...