Thursday 8 January 2015

Mac Fix +


Hello all, I'm finally getting around to reviewing the much talked about product that is Mac Fix Plus. I can't even tell you how many beauty "How-to" videos on Youtube there are that rave about how great this is. Naturally, with such great reviews, comes great expectations. I first heard about it from my beloved Carli Bybel (Youtube Vlogger, here) when she suggested dipping your make up brushes into it before applying eyeshadows.

As it turns out, there are multiple ways it can be used. A product that has lots of different uses and works hard for your money is okay with me. And work it does. So far I've been very happy indeed. It can be misted over your face before or after makeup application and, as Carli suggested, dipping your brush in before eyeshadow application. Misting it before make up feels a little redundant to me as I prefer to stick to just my primer before any application. However, dipping in your brush before applying eyeshadow really works. The pigmentation of even cheap eyeshadows is greatly improved.

I've also tried misting it over my makeup after I'm completely done before a night out and similar to Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray, this fixes it in place for a lot longer than if I hadn't used it. I actually thought about doing before and after shots but felt that photographs couldn't really capture the differences. So unfortunately, you're going to have to take my word for it!

As it stands, I already have a very good foundation, so I don't tend to use the misting option. I've found the most value in dipping my eyeshadow brushes before application and I can say that it's become a permanent resident in my everyday routine. So to sum up an already long post, I've been pleasantly surprised that a product has met up to the hype. I know I usually put a link to the product but as it was a gift I don't want to know the price, I'll only link the Mac website here. If you've tried it, let me know in the comments below! Thanks as always lovely readers.

Laura.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, thank you for the review ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Laura, I can't tell you how many bottles of this I've gone through! I love using this on days where I feel I need some extra glow. It seems to make everything blend together for a more natural effect. I especially love it in conjunction with my mineral makeup. xxx

    www.blonde-tea-party.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree completely! It's like a make up enhancer! I love it the more I use it but I've been using sparingly! Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...