Wednesday 4 February 2015

February Diary


I've made it no secret that I dislike January. It's not that I hate it, it's just it always feels like there's so much pressure on us to start making changes to our lives. Improving and moving forward with our lives and goals. That is by no means a bad thing but good things do take time and I always feel a little disheartened when two weeks in, nothing has happened.

I wish I could say that it wasn't circumstance that I found myself so miserable, but it wasn't. The shop where I'm currently working towards my masters, wasn't doing very well. So much so that the seven people that were hired alongside yours truly no longer have jobs with the company. I was the only one that was kept on because management believed I had worked hard and showed the most promise. Times were unsteady as it was at the shop until one shift where I was sat in the office only to find that there was an armed robbery going on 20 metres from where I sat.

No one was hurt and the little gits didn't get much but the whole thing left us all shaken. I was taken aback by how supportive work have been since, even sending beautiful bouquets of flowers to my house (pictures on my instagram) and generally making our well being their priority. I've found that talking about it makes you understand it more, rather than passing it off as some bad dream. Does that make any sense? Probably not.

Thankfully, miserable Laura has officially left the building and in a much more positive place. I'm having a long hard think about what I want in life, career wise. While it is slightly intimidating knowing there are so many different avenues to go down, I know the right one for me will find its way. In the mean time, the only thing we can do is to keep moving forwards.

Does anyone else share my dislike for Jan? And are you happy that we have an official pancake eating day coming up? I know I am! Until next time...
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...