Wednesday 11 February 2015

Monochrome Madness



Hello all, I hope you've had a lovely day! I've had a day off so thought I'd whip together a quick trend post. Monochrome seems to be just about everywhere lately and I can't get enough of it. Pairing a simple black and white tee with some black jeans and you have an outfit that will go with absolutely anything. I've put together my favourite tops currently available from New Look, we all know that for me it's New Look or nothing. 

I love scratch print tops and this Cameo Rose Black Scratch Print Boxy Top is just up my alley. Boxy tops like this are great for going out for meals to cover the inevitable food baby that follows (well for me anyway).

Barbot tops have made a huge comeback as of last year and show no signs of ending. This Monochrome Stripe Ribbed Bardot Top ticks all the boxes for me and would look amazing with just a pair of jeans and black accessories. 

I absolutely adore the Closet Black Scuba Floral Print Lace Back Peplum Top and while I do think for £32 it is wayyy expensive, it's just too cute to have not included in this. I don't care if peplum tops go out of fashion, I love them and think they are the most flattering top there is.

I don't need to say much about the Black Stripe Print High Neck Sleeveless Top as it's a fairly simple little top but I think it's items like this that you end up wearing to death because they go with everything. 

Again, this just a Black Wrap Front Long Sleeve Top but it's a little different due to the wrap front, which will hide any unflattering bellies and give a really nice silhouette at the same time. Plain and simple but I love it. 

The Grey High Neck Ribbed Vest is another plain number but high neck tops are all in at the moment and look super smart. These are the sorts of tops that can be worn in the day, for work or paired with a midi skirt and heels for a nice meal outfit. 

I actually tried the Monochrome Textured Stripe Shell Top on whilst shopping in New Look, but I'd already got £50 worth of clothes that I shouldn't really have been buying so I decided against buying this but I wish I had as it's such a flattering top. It had a nice tight fit but feels like it sucks you in, without being uncomfortable. Plus, it's not just plain stripes as it has a wavy stripe design. Love it. 

And finally, the White Stripe Print Curved Hem T-Shirt is just a plain stripy top but would look amazing with white jeans which I am already very tempted to invest in. Only thing with white jeans is they make the butt look big and mines already Kardashian size, oops. Back to the top though, the material would make this great in warmer weather. 

Well that is all from me, since putting these images together I've actually found another top that I love from New Look, of course. If you're interested in the monochrome trend, also take a look at this post by Couture Girl where she shows you her monochrome haul, don't look if you want to keep your money! Lots of love,
Laura. 

2 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! I absolutely love the floral one ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an absolute beauty, too bad it's so expensive! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...