Thursday 29 August 2013

Review// Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer


Hello, It is review time again! Apologies for how long it has been since my last blog post, I've been on holiday (reasonable excuse?) I thought I would kick of my return with a review on the much lusted Apocolips Lip Lacquer by Rimmel.As soon as I saw these little beauties advertised I knew I had to pick them up!


Now in terms of price, this product sells in Superdrug for £6.49 which is so reasonable! The product comes in eight colours; Celestial, Nova, Galaxy, Apocalyptic, Big Bang, Lunar, Stella and Nude eclipse. In store I had such a hard time limiting myself to only two but decided upon Luna and Celestial for bright summery lips.


At first, I was a little unsure as to how the finish of as 'Lip Lacquer' may be. The best description is that i would be the lovechild of lipgloss and lipstick. The finish is glossy like a gloss but lasts like a lip stick. The mix between the two means it does not dry the lips and covers any dry skin evenly. Overall, an excellent finish.


The application is used via a doe-foot applicator which does the job effectively. This applicator contains a well of colour meaning you don't have to keep returning the applicator to the tube which is going to prevent drying of the product and contamination, yay!


Luna (pictured above on the left swatch) can be worn lightly as an almost nude coral but can be built up into a darker coral shade which is the most summery bright shade I have seen. Celestial, a gorgeous rose pink, is a more subtle, wearable shade. One I wear for the daytime (right swatch.) I would say they last around four hours, possibly more if you aren't constantly drinking (like I tend to.)

The last comment I will make is the packaging. I am not usually too bothered about packaging but these look fantastic. I think the fact you can see the colour through the tube also means you wont be hunting through your makeup bag. And as for the name Apocolips, who doesn't love a play on words?

Overall, a fantastic product and my new favourite. Next on my wish list is Big Bang, a bright red! 
Leave a comment and tell me what you thought of them!
Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...