Saturday 4 January 2014

Haul// Hair Related Beauty Haul

 

Evening gorgeous readers! I have been at it again, buying beauty products I've convinced myself I need. That being said, as far as excuses go, I've sorted a pretty solid one for this lot. So back in October I did a post called 'Hair - Making a Change'  (Found Here) where I talked (quite a lot) about going back to my natural colour/blonder. To avoid an even longer introduction than I have already, I've decided to go ahead and do it. So my excuse to buy this lot is that I'm going blonde and I need some new makeup to go with it. So here's what I brought...

Superdrug Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover 'Extra' £9.99
So as mentioned, I have decided to go blonde but from brown I needed some help. I had heard that this was good at removing built up hair dye and so decided to give it a go. I've been dying my hair brown for years now and was a little worried this wouldn't work. I have since tried it and I was relatively pleased. My hair is nearly back to my natural colour, with slight brown shades still running through it. I think this isn't actually to do with the product and more to do with my hair. It's quite long now and naturally very thick and I ignored the advice to buy two boxes for thicker hair. Overall though, it has got the majority of the dye out. It has dried my hair slightly, but only on the ends of the hair. My plan is to wash my hair with head and shoulders shampoo (notorious for removing dye) until I get as much out as possible and then dye it blonde. I will include before and after photo's in a later blog post, exciting stuff!

Rimmel Kate Lipstick in Shade 3 £5.49
So my excuse to buy this was that with lighter hair, you can only get away with darker eye makeup if you balance it with nude lips. This is the most beautiful nude shade and my new favourite. It gives a nude matt finish that has hints of both pink and coral shades. I can't really explain how nice it is but when I show 'New hair' images I will wear this in the photograph so you can see it. I haven't really even thought about the Kate range from Rimmel before, but I will definitely be paying more attention now.

Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Snob £4.99
I've been using these lip glosses for a while and love them. I already own Pin up, Keep a secret and Lovesick. Snob is a really dark pink with almost brown undertones, though it doesn't look it in the photo. When on, makes the lips look a lot fuller and has a beautiful shiny finish.

Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde £2.99
Before I dyed my hair brown and started using MUA Brow palette (£3.50 from here), I always used this pencil and it was a perfect match. For only £2.99 it is fantastic quality and I would not consider going blonde without using it. I considered it an essential purchase when buying it, but then again when is makeup not essential to me!

MUA Eyeshadow Palette Undress Me Too £4.00
I already own quite a few eyeshadow palettes by now but considered this the perfect excuse to buy the next 'Undressed' palette. For everyday eyes, I thought this would be perfect to create a lighter smokey eye makeup look (may do a post on a look soon). I also love that there is a matte black as this is great for lining the lids before you add liquid eyeliner. I've only used it once since buying it but I love it already.

So you have seen my 'Hair related beauty Haul' which I must admit sounds a little strange before you read what I'm going on about. If you've lasted this long, a big thank you. I cannot wait to go back to my natural (maybe a little lighter) blonde shade for spring and summer beachy hair.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...