Saturday 11 January 2014

My First Ever Mac Lipstick


Hello beautiful readers! Exciting blog post from me today as it's all about my first ever Mac! I received this little beauty for my birthday (which was the week before Christmas) off my lovely boyfriend and have been waiting for the opportunity to blog about it. He had been a little stuck for ideas so asked me to give him some ideas of what I'd like (thank you Stephen!). Other than some clothes I'd had my eye on, I knew it had to be a Mac lipstick. For the makeup obsessed bloggers, such as myself, nothing quite matches the hype surrounding the Mac lipsticks. For a student on a small budget, I can't justify spending that sort of money on one lipstick for myself so as a gift it was perfect. 

The lovely people at Mac have provided us with a really lovely range of colours to choose from on their website. I was tempted by some of the pinks and coral shades that would be great for everyday wear. However, as soon as I saw 'Russian Red' on the website, I knew it was the one. I've always been an avid fan of a bright red lip and wear it often for a night out (and the occasional day wear) so it made sense to opt for a quality Mac red. I love the matte finish and the long wear it gives. I have since purchased a red lip liner by Barry M as I am a bit of a perfectionist and need a perfect line. You can see me wearing both (Inset of third image) with my Christmas day outfit. I'd recently been to see the film 'Frozen' so had gone for the french plait look worn by Elsa (great film by the way!)

So to summarize, I am in love with my first Mac Lipstick! I say first as for a makeup addict such as myself, I know it won't be my last. Have you got Russian red and is it love for you too?



2 comments:

  1. I've never tried a MAC lipstick before but this looks gorgeous! Glad you like it x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Me neither but for once a product matches the hype! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...