Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014// My New Years Resolutions

 
Image: Google image search, Edited: By me

Happy new year everyone! It's 2014, seriously I think I blinked and missed 2013! So to celebrate last night, I went to a local club with all my relatives and my boyfriends family. One of the best nights I've had in ages, the atmosphere was literally electric when twelve hit and was definitely a great way to welcome in the new year with the loved ones! The boyfriend and myself are currently being couch potatoes so I thought I would write my first post for 2014 before we go see The Hobbit later! I'm going to bore you with my hopes and resolutions for this year and everything I hope 2014 brings.

I have a feeling a lot is going to change this year. Firstly, I am due to finish my Marine and Freshwater Biology degree around May, which is both terrifying and exhilarating! I hope to find a job that I love and live from home, saving towards a deposit on a mortgage with my boyfriend.  We've also planned on going on holiday so I get to start lusting over locations now too. There is also the potential for an all girls holiday with my friends, which if it goes ahead, I'm sure will be eventful! All great things, I'm crossing everything and hoping that it all happens! My resolutions are as follows!

Image from: fitness in motion

Stay Healthy and Active
For the past year and a half, I've been jogging (the minimum being once weekly) and doing toning exercises from home. Aberystwyth is such a beautiful place and jogging is a great way to clear your head and stay fit. Recently, I injured my ankle on a jog and it hasn't been the same since, though I'm yet to go to the doctors and find out what I've done (naughty naughty). As a result, I haven't been able to go jogging and i'm already getting the itch for exercise. My new years resolution for this year is to carry on with my exercise, eat healthily and get my body bikini ready for summer!

Image from: Womans World

Drinking Water
To anyone who knows me, this may sound a little strange as I already drink a lot of water, but I'm still not reaching the daily amount recommended. It's amazing the difference I see in my skin when I'm drinking the right amount of water so I reccomend it to anyone and everyone.

 Image From: Boldmode, wordpress

Swearing
I am ashamed to say that I swear quite a bit, my dad always tells me off, despite me being 21 now! I don't think I swear half as bad as many, and there are certain words I wouldn't dream of saying. Still, I agree with him though, it is so unladylike and though it's never directed at anyone, it's just not nice. So another new years resolution is to swear a great deal less, or not at all! This may the most difficult resolution of all as sometimes you don't realize what you're saying until it's escaped your lips. Oops!

Image From: Refocus southwest
Relax
I am such a stress head sometimes, which is not an effective way to deal with a high workload! It doesn't really solve anything so my final resolution is actually a rather easy one. Every now and then, when I'm feeling stressed, I'm going to put my feet up and have a relaxation evening to combat stress. Sounds ridiculous as a resolution but there is not point worrying about health and beauty and not doing anything about stress, which effects both.

So there you have it! Do you have any new years resolutions? Let me know what they are, I always love hearing from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...